Verbs in English: phrasal verbs with “take”

Regulamin, propozycje i inne.

Verbs in English: phrasal verbs with “take”

Postprzez kulsumkhatun488 » 11 mar 2024, o 06:13

If you're interested in learning phrasal verbs , you probably already have a good command of the language, right? But don't be upset if it seems complex! These linguistic structures are formed by the combination of a verb and a preposition or adverb. With this combination, we end up obtaining meanings that are quite different from those we find when the words are separated. Today we're going to talk about some phrasal verbs with the main verb take . Stay with us and learn the most common meanings of the verbs take away , take back , take out and many others below. Take + after » have a similar appearance to another person in the family; imitate a behavior. This little boy has just been born and you can already tell that he takes after his mother. This little boy was just born and you can already tell he looks exactly like his mother. She loves music. I think she took after grandma. She loves music. I think she takes after her grandma. Your sister is so diligent in school! You should take it after her. Her sister is so diligent at school! You should be like her. Take + apart » take something apart; criticize someone or something vigorously (“detonate” or “destroy” as we say informally).

He took the watch apart to see how it Greece Phone Number worked, but didn't know how to put it back together afterwards. He took the watch apart to see how it worked, but didn't know how to put it back together later. The prosecutor took part in the defense arguments. The prosecutor destroyed the defense's arguments. Her latest book taken apart by the critics. Her last book was criticized by critics. Take + away » remove something or someone; takeout food. Take it away from here now! Tire isso daqui agora! My mother took my stuff away from the living room. My mother took my things out of the living room. He ordered a cheeseburger with soda to take away . He ordered a cheeseburger and soda to go. Verbs in English: get to know some phrasal verbs with “turn”. Take + back » regain possession of something; return a purchased item to the store; retract a statement. It's time for me to take back what's mine. It's time to take back what's mine. If the sneakers don't fit, he can take them back ! If the sneakers don't fit, he can return them! I take back what I just said. I take back what I just said. Take + down » take notes, defeat or eliminate someone; remove or move something from a higher place.

Obrazek

Take down my phone number. Write down my phone number. The Brazilian women's soccer team took down Hungary in the semifinals. The Brazilian women's football team eliminated Hungary in the semifinals. The old factory chimney was taken down a month ago. The factory's old chimney was removed a month ago. Take + off » take off (a ship or, figuratively, a business); remove an item of clothing; take time off. I have to say goodbye now. My flight takes off in minutes! I have to say goodbye now. My flight takes off in minutes! All these startups took off years ago at most. All these startups took off years ago at most. Take off your , please. Take off your , please. I took three days off , but I'm still kind of tired. I took three days off, but I'm still kind of tired. Take + in » deceive someone; provide shelter; absorb. Be careful not to be taken in by false promises. Be careful not to be fooled by false promises. Their NGO aims to reach out to people who have nowhere to live. Their NGO aims to welcome people who have nowhere to live. She near grandpa and listens to what he says, just taking it all in . She sits next to her grandfather and listens to what he says, just taking it all in.
kulsumkhatun488
Podróżnik
Podróżnik

Postprzez » 11 mar 2024, o 06:13

Powrót do Ogólnie